28 September 2012

Just An Update

As some of you may know, yesterday I had an interview for Bank HCA work at a Children's Hospice. The interview went rather well, a lot better than I anticipated anyway. I was a bit daunted at first when one of the interviewers told me there were 4 pages of questions!! (Panic Alert!) Although, to be honest the questions were pretty simple, I actually don't know what I was worried about. There were questions on why I wanted to work there, what I could bring to the team, what I thought the importance of teamwork was, what skills could I bring from my previous job to this role, there were questions on equality and diversity, and how i'd manage with some of the stressful situations that come with working in a hospice. I was pretty happy with my answers and the interviewers seemed happy too. With that said I was still quite nervous and must have had several glasses of water, I lost count haha.

I was honest and told them I had no previous experience with children in a healthcare setting and judging from their reactions they seemed pretty impressed by my explanation on how I could transfer the skills I used with adults to this role with children. The only downside is there were other candidates and imagine the standard are pretty high. They said they'd let people know pretty quickly, so... fingers crossed!

As the interview ended they wished me luck for next week... Only a few days to go now before I start uni and I cannot wait. They told me that they have other student nurses on the bank so that was reassuring. I am dying to start uni now, I'm hearing how my fellow student nurses are getting on and it makes me want to get stuck in even more. I still have a bit of preparation left, I get my first loan installment on Monday so intend to go on a shopping spree where I'll be getting a new computer, a printer and all the stationary I need. I've decided to go for a desktop PC rather than another laptop. I also need to purchase a Bus & Train Term Time pass too ready for when I start, getting the pass will save me a hell of a lot of money in the long term.

For those who are at uni, I hope things are going well for you. For my followers who are on the Access course, I hope your course is going well and you're not too stressed, haha. Just to end I want to let you all know that I am planning on doing a fortnightly blog entry from now on. I don't think i'm going to have the time to do one each week, and I feel after two weeks there will be more to talk about, so that's my plan. If there is anything in between that I particularly want to blog about then I will.

Follow by email or on Twitter to receive updates on when a new entry has been posted. =)

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best. And I hope your university experience is everything you hoped for and more.

    ReplyDelete