27 August 2012

Stress, Study & Shopping

Right, I am finally writing a new post. I've been saying for days that I will do a new one, but unfortunately I've had family things to deal with. Anyway, I am extremely excited about starting university in 5 weeks time, and I really want to get myself more prepared, but right now is not a great time for me, but the more I think about what I still have left to do, the more I feel slightly stressed. I am still mourning the passing of my Nan, she was a wonderful woman and I miss her dearly. Her funeral is on Tuesday so for the time being I have put uni preparations on hold

I've been trying all sorts this week to keep my mind busy so I'm not dwelling on the negative things that are going on. It's just really hard to stay focused right now. As I am back living with my mum for my first year of uni, she has kindly agreed to let me take the bigger bedroom to get me out of the box room I'm in at the moment, I really do need more space. So sorting all that out during the week will be great. My kids are off on holiday for a week now with their mum so I have an entire week to get a few thing sorted.

I really feel like I should be studying a bit too, I know it's not essential but I want to have a basic knowledge of things, and I found a love for studying during my access course, so now I can't help putting my nose into a A&P book in my spare time. I have been watching some YouTube videos which have been great, some of my favourites are from a series by ' Campbellteaching'. Here is one of the videos;




I have quite a lot of stuff I need to buy too; I have to buy all my stationary (pens, paper, folders, etc), I need to buy stuff we've been told to buy for the course (stethoscope, syg, shoes) and also I want to buy a few new books. I also have to buy a new computer as the laptop I am currently using is on its last legs! I've had it for 6-7 years now and it's now falling apart, internally and externally. I can't wait to start shopping!

I'm not going to post again now until next week. I really need to spend this week clearing my head and getting a few thing sorted. I will be back refreshed and ready to write soon. (I will keep you all updated on Twitter).

Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment