30 August 2012

Semester 1 Modules

This will be somewhat of a short post in terms of discussion, but contains plenty for you to see. =) As I now have access to the university student site I have found out the modules for my first semester. I have 2 different modules, each one consisting of different subjects. They are as follows;

Professional Values & Academic Skills (Module 1);
- Nursing as a Profession & the NMC Code of Conduct
- Record Keeping
- Introduction to Law, Ethics & Human Rights
- Portfolio & Employability
- Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice
- Introduction to Reflective Practice
- Diversity & Safeguarding
- Philosophy of Nursing

Introduction to Nursing Practice & Decision Making (Module 2);
- Patient Handling
- Basic Life Support
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Care, Compassion & Communication
- Nutrition and Fluid Management
- Organisational Aspects of Care
- Medicines Management

Anatomy & Physiology consists of;
- Cells & Homeostasis
- The Skin
- Cardiovascular System
- Nervous System
- Renal System
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Physiology of Pain
- Principles of Pharmacology

And all this is just the first semester!!! Each module will coincide with the other, so it's not like we'll do just module 1 and then go onto module 2, we do them at the same time. I don't know if that's good or bad... Anyway, I am so excited to be going over all these subjects, and I am really looking forward to the challenge. I will try my hardest to write an entry on each of these, however, time may not allow that, I'll soon find out.

4 WEEKS & 5 DAYS TO GO...

1 comment: