7 December 2014

Let's Do This!

I'M BAAAAAAACK! (...again!)

Let me first acknowledge to my followers that I have been absolutely terrible in keeping this blog updated. I'll be the first to admit that I have been rubbish at sticking with this in recent months, and for that, I apologise.


So, just a brief update on what I've been up to and what is happening right now. I've been studying my Access to Higher Education (Science) course via Distance Learning Centre for 4 months now. In that time I have got through English, Maths, Communications (all Level 2) and got through my first 2 Biology units including an exam - all of which I have passed and gained all Distinctions so far so I'm doing well. I'm currently studying Homeostasis, Coordination and Control and the Extretory Systems which I'm really enjoying. There are 4 more Biology units to go then I'll move onto the Psychology module (which I'm not really looking forward to), and then finally Physics which I am looking forward to as the 2 Physics units are based on Radiogy and Medical Imaging. Perfect!

As well as studying, I have recently completed 2 weeks of a 5 week pre-employment programme through my local hospital. It's a course that helps you develop your knowledge of working in a hospital, so we went through things like confidentiality, infection control, health and safety, etc. It also helps with your communication and interview skills which was a great help for me. That's what the 2 week training consisted of, now I'm just waiting for my DBS to come through and then a 3 week placement within the hospital will be arranged in a department of my choice - which will be Radiology, of course. Very excited about that. That will most likely happen after Christmas now. Things are going very well right now, but wait, there's more...

After having sent of my UCAS application 2 weeks ago to study Diagnostic Radiography, I received an invite to interview from Birmingham City University yesterday!!! I'm a little nervous but not as nervous as I was prior to my Nursing interview. I'm hoping I can use that experience to my advantage. I've been doing quite a bit of research and preparing myself for every kind of question they may ask me. My interview is on 18th December so I will post an update after my interview and let you know how it went. I promise I will start posting regular blogs and I will tell you in each blog when the next one will follow. So my next one now will be on the 18th December with an update on how my interview went.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Wish me luck! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment